Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ribbon Belt by TheDizMom



I took red grosgrain ribbon in 1 1/2" width and white in 1" width and sewed them together with black thread, so there is a small line of black on the edge of the white. Then I bought a set of small Mickey themed stamps and using black fabric markers on the stamp alternated Mickey and Minnie faces along the white ribbon. I then folded the completed ribbon in half, tucked in the loops and sewed it up with red thread. I made the ribbons long enough to fold in half so both sides of the belt were the same and when the ribbon is pulled through the loops it looks identical. It was so easy and took me only about 2 hours, and that was with constant interruptions from my DD and having bobbin problems with my machine. I just think it's so fun and why can't we moms have something custom made too. I like it so much I think I am going to have to make one for myself ! Now my kids want one too.

No comments: